Thursday 21 April 2016

Currently

Phew, I'm behind on blogging (as usual). However this time it's because we've been enjoying Nathan, though I do have SO much to share.

Loving: The summer weather. It is incredibly nice this year, mid April and we have had temps in the high twenties! I am not complaining, mostly because it makes it so much easier to get out of the house with Nathan. I'm so glad I didn't have him in the middle of winter!

Loathing: Adjusting to being at home. I don't know if loathing is the right "category", because I adore being WITH Nathan, I just find it incredibly challenging to adjust. I miss work, I miss adult conversation, and I miss the routine that came with those things. It's not really one over the other, it's just very...VERY different. Though we are slowly finding our routine and I do get out of the house a fair bit- so that's not really an issue.

Eating: Oh my word this has been challenging. It's so difficult to remember to eat healthy with an infant. One benefit of breastfeeding him is I am drinking a TON of water, I have never been so thirsty in my life (this coming from a girl who usually hates water). I need to work on making a plan to have healthy snacks ready to go throughout the day, because right now it isn't working.

Reading: Just finished a book on my e-reader. It was written by one of the Columbine killer's mother. It was heart wrenching and incredibly insightful to read, and I would highly recommend it. I need to find another good one, since candy crush during late night nursing sessions is getting a bit old.

Listening: Nathan loves the lullaby album from JJ Heller, and I'm embarrassed to admit I am hooked on Meaghan Trainor's "No".

Anticipating: This weekend we are taking our first trip back to SK with Nathan. Baby + dog + usual 5.5 hour car ride = will we survive. Stay posted to find out.

Nathan has his first set of vaccines coming up (at the beginning of May), which I am absolutely dreading. I have to remind myself to be brave, and that is is the best thing for him.

Working On: Getting into more of a routine with Nathan, and planning on seeing if it's possible for us to move/buy a house in the next while.

I could probably crash the blog with uploading all the photos- so in the meantime I will leave you with this sweet little video.

No comments:

Post a Comment