Thursday 11 February 2016

Full Term

How Far Along: I'm 37 weeks today. According to my app, baby is "officially" no longer a preemie- and could technically come any time. However, as a first time mama I am well prepared to be pregnant until my due date- if not longer *shudder. 

Weight Gained: Aprox. 20-25lbs which I'm still happy with. It is a healthy amount according to my midwife- and while I'm definitely uncomfortable I think I'll lose quite a bit in the postpartum weeks. Most of the weight is still in my belly, which is great. 

Symptoms: Holy leg cramps. I was actually crying from one that woke me up last night- it was so painful. It's almost always my calves that cramp up, in the middle of the night. The braxton-hicks contractions are still here and there, other than that I'm okay. 

Food Cravings: Lately- sweets. It doesn't really matter what kind, chocolate/ice cream/loafs; you name it- I would probably eat it ;) I am trying to have some self control since my weight has been awesome so far... a few indulgences; the hubs brought home a fudge sundae last night and it was divine. 

Food Aversions: Same as previous: Nothing, though my appetite swings from either I'm starving to I don't feel hungry at all. 

Sleep: Good still except for the middle of the night leg cramps and occasional early morning have to pee wake ups.   

Stretch Marks: Nope. Bring on the moisturizer. 

Missing?: Being able to run, warm weather, and my body being my own. 

Looking Forward To: My continued weekly appointments, and having him HERE. We have dinner plans for Valentine's and this is a long weekend in AB, for Family Day. I'm hoping to get all the last minute projects done so that any day we are "ready" for baby. We also have tickets to a show at the end of the month, which I can't wait for. 

Gender: Little boy, still undecided on the name. Every time I think I like one enough, a few days later I realize I don't "love" it. 

Baby is apparently the size of a 2L Mountain Dew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment