Tuesday 1 December 2015

A "little boy blue" nursery.


Our nursery is finally "done". I say that because, technically if we had the baby tomorrow he would be good to sleep in here, though there are a few minor details needing to be finished up. Kyle has to finish painting the trim and door frame. I'd like to adjust the curtains (in the picture directly below, you can see they are a smidge too short)- so I want to lengthen them and iron out the creases. 

I wasn't able to take a true "before" shot from when this was the office/dump all our crap in room. We had to have a huge purge and Kyle did a ton of work on the walls. We hadn't framed this ourselves, so when Kyle was finishing the drywall there was a lot of correcting work to do- especially when it came to the mud/tape stage.

It looks seamless now, and the space is so cozy and perfect. Last night, after it was all set up- I just rocked in there for awhile, in slight awe that in almost three months to the day we will *hopefully (as long as he is on time haha) have our little man in our arms.

Setting up the crib.

"Reading" the instructions. A near miracle for an engineer.

Onyx supervising dad.

The finished product. 

This hockey stick table used to belong to Kyle, he's had it since he was little. I'm so glad it fits perfectly in this space.

The crib, all ready to go. I love the bedding I found- though there isn't necessarily a theme per say, the colors all coordinate beautifully. 

I plan to hang a few more things, though not too much since I'm happy with how clean the space looks. I'd like to do some sort of project with his name, if we ever decide on one haha! We will be keeping his clothes in our room (there's more space for extra furniture) and the change table will go there as well or in the living room.

xo, sweet readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment